Offered is a complete set of the Lanthanide-series Rare-Earth metal element samples. In this set are 16 unique, fascinating and exotic metals which are rarely or never encountered in everyday life. Until very recently these metals were not available to the general public, except at exorbitant prices for small quantities. Recent improvements in metal separation techniques and wider distribution allow these rare elements to be offered at this price.
Makes a unique gift for anyone interested in chemistry or science!
This Rare-Earth Metal Element set will consist of the following:
1. The following metal elements as single pieces weighing approximately 5 grams:
2. These elements as single pieces weighing approximately 1 gram:
3. All samples will be one single piece per element, no powder or small pieces.
4. The reactive metals (La, Ce, Pr, Nd, Sm, Eu) will be in glass vials - all other samples will be in clear plastic vials as shown in the photo above. Both vial styles are 20mL, 2 3/8 inch high x 1 1/8 inch diameter (60mm x 28mm) with a hard plastic cap. A preprinted element symbol label will be attached to each cover to clearly identify the material.
5. A writeup on proper care & handling of the samples plus descriptions of the properties of the metals including minimum purities of each.
6. Packaged with dividers in a conveniently shaped presentable white box.
7. The Lanthanum, Cerium, Praseodymium, Neodymium, and Europium samples will be submerged in mineral oil within the vials to protect the samples from air and moisture.
For an additional cost, the quantities of any element can be increased, please inquire further if interested.
Note that this set does not contain the element Promethium. Promethium is an unstable and extremely radioactive metal.
Typical leadtime for shipment is 1 week.
Click here to view an extensive long-term test on the effects of exposure to air for these metals!
(Photo of Rare-Earth Metal Set in its white display box)
(Sample Photo of Metal Pieces - Total Grid Size about 4 inches)